• imagePrayMitive

PrayMitive: A dynamic GPU-powered plugin that reinvents 3D design. Seamlessly combine, modify, and animate unique primitives, and craft complex compositions with unparalleled material blending, all in real-time.  https://aescripts.com/praymitive/

• Hey there, 

just installed the trial version [Apple M1 Ultra - Ventura 13.2.1] returns with the errors in latest version of Ae and Ae Beta.... 

'Sorry the current version only supports GPU acceleration. We apologize for the inconvenience.' 

and then:

'After Effects warning: Praymitive GPU device setup failed; the effect will render on the CPU.

Happy to open a support ticket, though I haven't made a purchase, therefore have no PO number.

• Hi, Richard! Thank you for your feedback!

It looks like your After Effects version couldn't utilize the GPU. Which device are you using?

Please click on the 'NN bpc' button in the Project panel. Then, under the 'Video Rendering and Effects' tab, check if you have configured GPU Acceleration.
    If it's set to GPU Acceleration and PrayMitive still doesn't work, please provide a screenshot of that window.
    Снимок экрана 2023-08-15 в 00.33.16.png
    2320 x 1894 - 857K
  • Hi Constantin, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running Ae on Mac M1 Ultra - Ventura 13.2.1 as mentioned earlier. settings match those you suggest. I have a screen shot but can't get the image to attach here in comments.

I have raised a support ticket > Department "Bug Report" Priority "High" under the subject of Praymative Error. Product Selected > Praymative.

Rich
  • Hi Constantin, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running Ae on Mac M1 Ultra - Ventura 13.2.1 as mentioned earlier. settings match those you suggest. I have a screen shot but can't get the image to attach here in comments.

I have raised a support ticket > Department "Bug Report" Priority "High" under the subject of Praymative Error. Product Selected > Praymative.

Rich
    Thank you! I just tried PrayMitive on another computer and encountered the same error. However, after several restarts, the GPU initialization suddenly started. After that, the error surprisingly disappeared, and the plugin began to work. I'm not sure why it wasn't initializing before. I need some time to investigate this issue more.

If it's not too inconvenient for you, you might try resetting the After Effects settings: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-p/10634342."

Another question I will ask you at the support ticket section! Thank you for your intereset again! I really appreciate it!
  • ⚠️ Friends, I've fixed the bug that caused the "GPU Device Setup failed" error for many users. Everything is now fine. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Guys, I downloaded the updated version and everything works! I recommend. This is amazing!
  • Hi there,
    Nice work!
    Any plans to add the option to extrude custom shapes and text in the near future?
    Or the option to apply custom textures (img/vid) to the shapes?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Hi there,
    Nice work!
    Any plans to add the option to extrude custom shapes and text in the near future?
    Or the option to apply custom textures (img/vid) to the shapes?

Thanks in advance :)
    Thank you for your question. I've had similar thoughts.

Regarding textures: I've tried implementing them, but I'm not satisfied with how they project onto primitives. They work well on Spheres or perhaps Boxes, but on other primitives, the projection looks odd. Additionally, I've noticed a significant performance drop when using textures based on layer image data. On the other hand, I could use parametric shapes, which could be a solution, but projection remains an issue.

About extruding shapes and text: it might be feasible. I've discovered some methods to achieve this with RayMarching and might consider adding it in future versions.

I also dream of creating a separate window, similar to Element3D, for easier control over the Ray Marching scene. Currently, it's somewhat challenging to work with a large number of primitives. Moreover, it opens new horizons for applying modifiers or boolean operations to groups of primitives.

Anyway, these are ambitious dreams. I'll keep an eye on sales. I need to gauge how much demand there is from the community for this. Secondly, I need to determine how well I can support myself and my family with the plugin's earnings, so I can, for instance, dedicate more time to its development instead of other jobs. Honestly, I'd prefer it that way, as I really enjoy this activity.
  • Looks cool! 

-Any estimate on when the Windows version is coming?
    -It would be cool if there was an option to import .OBJ's.
  • This update has ARM code only. Why?
    Thanks, Oleg, for pointing that out. I'm already preparing an update. If it's not too much trouble, could you let me know how the plugin works on an Intel processor? Ideally, it should still utilize Metal and performance shouldn't be any worse...
  • Looks cool! 

-Any estimate on when the Windows version is coming?
    -It would be cool if there was an option to import .OBJ's.
    Thank you, mate!
    - Regarding the OBJ's: No, it's not efficient in terms of RayMarching. An OBJ consists of vast amounts of polygonal data, whereas here we use pure math, to create, for instance, a Sphere based on length from a 3D point. There are no polygons involved. If you're interesting you can learn more about it here.
    - Regarding the Windows version: Today, I just spoke with a friend who can lend me a Windows laptop. So, I'll need some time to adapt the plugin for Windows, and then I'll release it.

• The GPU error message went away after 1.0.1...but a strange bug. I have unregistered and registered the plugin a few times. I click on the "register" button the register dialogue box comes up and shows my name as registered. BUT in the Effects Control Panel under "About" the red type "Unregistered Copy" text is still there. And it's working without a watermark. If it was not registered...would I see a watermark?

Feature Requests: Adding Texture and Normal Maps would be pretty sweet to add Bump Maps. What's next on the dev features list? A material editor?
  • The GPU error message went away after 1.0.1...but a strange bug. 
    I apologize for that oversight; it was an error on my part. I mistakenly left something in from when I was debugging it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
    I click on the "register" button the register dialogue box comes up and shows my name as registered. BUT in the Effects Control Panel under "About" the red type "Unregistered Copy" text is still there. And it's working without a watermark. If it was not registered...would I see a watermark?
    It seems like the UI might not have updated. Relaunching After Effects should resolve the issue. If there's no watermark, then your copy is indeed registered.
    Feature Requests: Adding Texture and Normal Maps would be pretty sweet to add Bump Maps. What's next on the dev features list? A material editor?
    In the short term, I'll focusing on Anti-aliasing, Depth of Field, and some extensions (e.g opacity) for material editing. As for textures, I mentioned my thoughts earlier in this thread. I'll attempt to integrate them, but I'm wary as it seems resource-intensive, particularly for the GPU and CPU.
    Oleg, I've just released an updated version of PrayMitive 1.0.2 that supports both Apple Silicon and Intel.
  • Constantin Shilyaev said: ...how the plugin works on an Intel processor?...
    Both versions work for me (I use a hak)
    But I was told that  v1.0 had an error "Couldn't find main entry point" on some real macs, don't know about the latest update
  • This looks incredible, Constantin! So much genius work has gone into it - I am really looking forward to the PC version coming out, hopefully as soon as you can do it (no pressure!). I already have many uses for this after I purchase the PC version. Well done :)
  • Hi,

got this error: Invalid Filter 25::3

AE 2020, 17.7.1
    OS 11.17.9
    Praymitive Plugin 1.0.2 (via Try-button)

A pity. Any solutions?
    Best
  • Hi,

got this error: Invalid Filter 25::3

AE 2020, 17.7.1
    OS 11.17.9
    Praymitive Plugin 1.0.2 (via Try-button)

A pity. Any solutions?
    Best
    Hi, Krystyna!

Could you please open a support ticket and provide a screenshot, as well as describe the conditions under which this error appeared?
    Do you get the error upon boot-up of after effects after putting the plugin into the folder? After getting past the error message, do you still see it in the effect panel at all?
  • Constantin Shilyaev said: ...how the plugin works on an Intel processor?...
    Both versions work for me (I use a hak)
    But I was told that  v1.0 had an error "Couldn't find main entry point" on some real macs, don't know about the latest update
    Got it. Please let me know if you encounter any of these errors.
  • Gary Bird said:
    This looks incredible, Constantin! So much genius work has gone into it - I am really looking forward to the PC version coming out, hopefully as soon as you can do it (no pressure!). I already have many uses for this after I purchase the PC version. Well done :)
    A bit of pressure keeps me motivated and gives me a sense of the necessity for a PC version too. Thank you so much for this kind of comment.
  • Do you get the error upon boot-up of after effects after putting the plugin into the folder? After getting past the error message, do you still see it in the effect panel at all?
    Make solid, actually then calling / placing the plugin on a solid, the error comes, nothing happens then. No effect is opened.
  • Do you get the error upon boot-up of after effects after putting the plugin into the folder? After getting past the error message, do you still see it in the effect panel at all?
    Make solid, actually then calling / placing the plugin on a solid, the error comes, nothing happens then. No effect is opened.
    Clear. So, I have some thoughts about the causes of this error. Could you please open the ticket, so I'd be able to send you an experimental build tailored to your version of OS X?
  • Clear. So, I have some thoughts about the causes of this error. Could you please open the ticket, so I'd be able to send you an experimental build tailored to your version of OS X?
    Done, thank you very much, would like to purchase for a certain project.

Best.
  • Hey Constantin, this looks amazing, well done!

Can we expect the Windows version before the sale runs out?

Thanks.
  • Can we expect the Windows version before the sale runs out?
    I hope so. Right now, I'm working on the Windows version. You can stay updated on the progress by following me on LinkedIn or Twitter. If I don't manage to release it before the sale ends, I'll likely offer a new sale for the sake of fairness, perhaps for a week.
  • Can we expect the Windows version before the sale runs out?
    I hope so. Right now, I'm working on the Windows version. You can stay updated on the progress by following me on LinkedIn or Twitter. If I don't manage to release it before the sale ends, I'll likely offer a new sale for the sake of fairness, perhaps for a week.
    I ended up buying anyway. Just to put some productive pressure on you :)
  • I ended up buying anyway. Just to put some productive pressure on you :)
    Thank you, so much! :smiley:
  • I also bought it. Take your time for the Windows Version. Love to See when it's finished!
  • I also bought it. Take your time for the Windows Version. Love to See when it's finished!
    Hey! Thanks for the support and understanding. It's much appreciated. I recently got a Windows laptop specifically to work on the Windows version during my free time, mostly on weekends. I've realized there's a bit more to it because I'm optimizing for both Cuda and OpenCL graphics cards. Can't wait for you to see it when it's done! :)
  • I assume 2024 is not currently supported? Applying the plugin gives the error "Sorry, the current version of the plugin only supports GPU acceleration." I have GPU acceleration turned on, and plenty of memory available. Also the plugin shows a warning message of "unregistered" even though when I click on "register" it shows me the licensing information. Applying the plugin and following the steps produces no results... no primitive ever shows up.

AE 2024
    Mac M1 Studio Ultra with 128GB RAM.

• I assume 2024 is not currently supported? Applying the plugin gives the error "Sorry, the current version of the plugin only supports GPU acceleration." I have GPU acceleration turned on, and plenty of memory available. Also the plugin shows a warning message of "unregistered" even though when I click on "register" it shows me the licensing information. Applying the plugin and following the steps produces no results... no primitive ever shows up.

AE 2024
    Mac M1 Studio Ultra with 128GB RAM.

Hello! Thank you very much for the feedback! I just checked for 2024, and everything seems to be working fine on my side, the only issue is that the image in About has disappeared. I'll deal with that. Also, I am currently working on a version for Windows, and I'm testing it on 2024 there as well, and it seems to be working well.

Regarding "Sorry, the current version of the plugin only supports GPU acceleration," this can happen if the GPU was not initialized after installing the new version of AE. Go to File → Project Settings and see what it shows on the Video Rendering and Effects tab. There should be Metal listed there.

Regarding registration, it does not always disappear immediately after activation. You need to clear the cache and/or restart After Effects.

Please check all these things, and if the plugin works, let me know. Thank you!

• Looking forward to testing out the Windows version!
  • Hi ! Just installed this and not having much luck getting it to work.... followed the comments here, gpu enabled, 32 bit, I am using an older mac pro with 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 and OSx version 12.7.1 

in the effects tab, gpu never seems to load, and a lot of the time I am getting a bright green flood on the preview panel.

Any ideas? App looks great would love to use it.

Many thanks